On July 23, 2020, the Canadian federal government announced the expansion and extension of the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) program. Among the proposed changes, as of July 5, 2020, any business, charity and not-for-profit organization in Canada that has experienced a decline in “qualifying revenue” will be entitled to a subsidy. The program has also been extended to at least November 21, 2020.
We have worked through the legislation and welcome the opportunity to share with you our understanding and overview of the redesigned program, how it differs from CEWS 1.0, and the technical improvements made by the government. We will also share our learnings about the technical challenges and issues that many businesses have experienced when finalizing their initial CEWS claims.
This is how I can help.
Director, Marketing and Communications
- I can share your local business news & events
- Promote your tech or manufacturing jobs
- Collaborate with you on your industry event
- Help your business reach new audiences
- Provide communications support for your SME